2019 Recipient Dylan H.
Program Description and Goals
There is established an eligible 501 (c) (3), tax-exempt scholarship fund in the name of Charlotte Ellis, the Program is subject to the following:
- Scholarship Funds will be deposited into an account, located in Wilkes. County, N.C. managed by the Scholarship Committee, and the Ellis family.
- ALL donated funds will go towards the student scholarships.
- The Fund's operating costs will be covered by the Edward Ellis, Jr.
- There will be an annual financial audit to insure the Program is meeting the goals of the Scholarship Program.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and Edward Ellis, Jr. (or his designated representative).
The goals of the Charlotte Ellis Scholarship Fund Program are to:
- Provide 1-2 scholarships per year, ranging from $500.00 up to $5,000 each.
- Provide academic scholarships to children of U.S. Military parents or grandparents.
Scholarship Elgibility Requirements
- Student Applicants must be dependent member of U.S. Military parents or grandparents.
- Student Applications should show a financial need.
- Student Applicant must have a 3.0 GPA; and, is required to submitt official High School or College Transcript(s), supporting the ability to obtain a 2-4 year college degree.
- Students who were previously awarded a scholarship may apply for additional annual scholarships, based on past performance.
- Applicants seeking a degree in nursing or education will be given priority.
- Applicants applying for or currently enrolled in Wilkes Community College will be given priority.
- Application deadline is May 1, 2019.
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded by June 1st of each year.
- Student must have applied and show an acceptance letter from a college or university.