My name is Reagan J. and I have just begun my first semester as a full-time student at Wilkes Community College. I am pursuing an associate's degree in Business Administration with the hopes of earning my Bachelor's in Business Administration through the 2+2 program currently offered through WCC. I live in State Road, NC with my family and have worked part-time at D-Rex Pharmacy in Jonesville for the past two years.
I graduated from East Wilkes High School where I was a member of the National Honor Society, Beta Club, and the volleyball team. I attend the University of North Carolina at Wilmington where I am majoring in Entrepreneurship and Business Development with a Leadership Studies minor. My goal is to pursue a career in real estate and interior design.
My name is Walker B. and I am a freshman at Lenoir-Rhyne University. I’m majoring in business management and plan on going into a career in the financial management field. This scholarship will help immensely by assisting with tuition and textbook costs and helping me work toward my goal of graduating.
Program Description and Goals
There is established an eligible 501 (c) (3), tax-exempt scholarship fund in the name of Charlotte Ellis, the Program is subject to the following:
- Scholarship Funds will be deposited into an account, located in Wilkes. County, N.C. managed by the Scholarship Committee, and the Ellis family.
- ALL donated funds will go towards the student scholarships.
- The Fund's operating costs will be covered by the Edward Ellis, Jr.
- There will be an annual financial audit to insure the Program is meeting the goals of the Scholarship Program.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and Edward Ellis, Jr. (or his designated representative).
The goals of the Charlotte Ellis Scholarship Fund Program are to:
- Provide 1-2 scholarships per year, ranging from $500.00 up to $5,000 each.
- Provide academic scholarships to children of U.S. Military parents or grandparents, based upon demonstrated financial need.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Student Applicants must be dependent members of U.S. Military parents or grandparents.
- Student Applications should show a financial need.
- Student Applicant must have a 3.0 GPA; and, is required to submit official High School or College Transcript(s), supporting the ability to obtain a 2-4 year college degree or vocational certification.
- Students who were previously awarded a scholarship may apply for additional annual scholarships, based on past performance.
- Applicants seeking a degree in nursing or education will be given priority.
- All applicants are encouraged to apply however students applying for or currently enrolled in Wilkes Community College will be given priority.
- The application deadline is May 1, 2024.
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded by June 1st of each year.
- The student must have applied and submit an acceptance letter from a community college or university. Technical School students are also encouraged to apply.
- Please provide a letter of recommendation from an academic professional.